- 1 1/3 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons oat flour
- 2 teaspoons organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 tablespoon sea salt, a bit more if using kosher salt
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk, I use canned for it’s similarity to heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plain, full-fat yogurt, I used Wagon Creek
Put the dry ingredients and yogurt in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the paddle attachment for 2 minutes on low speed — the dough should be very stiff. If it’s not yet stiff after 2 minutes, add 1 more minute of beating. Form the dough into a log that is 2 inches in diameter and 12 inches in length, wrap it in plastic, and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. When ready to cook, place a rack in the upper third part of the oven and preheat to 400°. Cut the log into 12 slices — about 1 inch each. Place the biscuits 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until browned on top and bottom. For dessert, split the biscuits and top the bottom half with a generous spoonful of Strawberry Fruit Cocktail — a drop of cream (dairy or coconut) would be nice. Crown with the top piece. For breakfast, serve with butter and strawberry jam or honey.
About this recipe
For the Strawberry Fruit Cocktail recipe visit edibleokc.com.