- 1 large head green cabbage, shredded thinly, or carefully sliced on a mandolin slicer
- ½ serrano pepper, finely sliced
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced, or carefully sliced on mandolin slicer
- 1 cup shredded carrot, peeled and shredded on large hole of cheese grater
- ¼ cup chopped flat parsley
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon dried mustard
- 2 tablespoon of whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
Place above ingredients in a bowl, mix with your hands to combine, and allow to sweat for five minutes. Transfer to a colander (may have to do this in batches) and rinse well under cold water, gently pressing any remaining liquid by squeezing with your hands. Place into a clean bowl, and repeat with remaining mixture.
Combine all ingredients and mix to incorporate. Pour over slaw and mix with your hands. Add additional seasoning per taste preference. Serve immediately, or can be stored in container for up to four days.