- 3/4 ounce Cognac or brandy
- 3/4 ounce light rum
- 3/4 ounce curacao
- 1/2 ounce thyme-infused honey*
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- fresh thyme sprig, for garnish
- 1-2 tablespoons dried thyme (can be left on sprig for easier straining)
- 1 cup raw honey
Combine all ingredients except thyme sprig in shaker tin with ice. Shake until sufficiently chilled and diluted. Double strain into chilled coupe glass. Gently smack thyme sprig to release aromatic oils and place on surface of the drink.
Add thyme to bottom of clean Mason jar. Cover with honey and stir to coat thyme. Cover and steep for 5 days, turning jar upside down if herbs float to top and need to be reincorporated. Speed method: heat thyme and honey to 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes in a double boiler.